Coppell TV Repair LLC offers you a good working replacement for power supply board BN44-00160A as shown on the picture and used in a number of 50'' Samsung plasma TVs.
The board you will receive will be refurbished, enhanced and tested by Coppell TV Repair and will carry our standard service warranty (see below).
It may be the same or physically different model (there are several interchangeable substitutes), but it is guaranteed to be original Samsung, 100% compatible and Coppell TV Repair improved and tested functional replacement for BN44-00160A power supply.
Once you receive it and have your TV up and running again you can send the old board back to us to get credit (see the trade-in section below for details) and to give a chance to the next person in your position to obtain a functional board.
FAILURE SYMPTOMS AND TESTING
Depending on what has failed and the type of failure (completely shorted, completely opened, partially functional, intermittent) there may be different power supply board failure symptoms. Unfortunately most of them can also be caused by failures in other boards in the TV.
If your TV is completely dead, no standby indication and no response to any command, there is a good chance the problem is in the power supply board. A blwon fuse is always a solid indication for a failure on a board.
There are several typical failure symptoms for BN44-00160A / DYP-50W2 :
- A random shut-off of the TV, be it at start up or after working normally for a while
- Continous clicking of the board when attempting to turn on the TV
- Loud pop after which the TV can not be turned on anymore; often times there is a good burning marks on two transistors located on a heat sink in the middle of the board; burn marks at the bottom of the board are also possible. Although looking bad such burning signs are rarely fatal, i.e. the board can be subsequently repaired.
It is worth noting that power supply board BN44-00160A / DYP-50W2 is NOT the most common source of trouble in TVs where it is used, at least according to our, not too limited experience (hundreds of repaired sets).
The trophy belongs to the infamous Y-Main/buffer boards, which fail a whole lot more often than the power supply, despite of the class action lawsuit that Samsung has settled for same power supply.
Refer to this article at our blog on how you can test the power supply before submitting it to us.
Also see the links for related products for more information on the Y-Main/buffers trio.
SHIPPING AND HANDING
Ships within 1 business days of placing an order via UPS (preferred) or USPS (backup option).
WARRANTY AND WARRANTY RETURNS
60 days limited warranty covering parts and labor. If board needs to be returned customer is responsible for return S&H costs and CTVR is responsible for repairing, replacing or refunding the customer.
Return of functional boards or any other refund caused by customer and not CTVR is subject to return fee sufficient to cover CTVR's expenses related to the sale such as transaction fees and S&H costs.
Board must be packaged well and must arrive without physical damage or traces of tampering in order for any of the above warranty conditions to apply; return of physically damaged or tampered boards voids any warranty.
REQUIREMENTS FOR RECEIVING CREDIT FOR YOUR OLD MODULE
Upon receiving and installing the purchased module buyers can return the old one to receive the advertised credit. Returns are optional and buyer's responsibility; it is usually OK to reuse the original packaging unless it was visibly damaged beyond normal use (in which case we usually hear from buyers anyway).
The credit will normally be issued as a partial refund towards your original payment; when this is impossible or inapplicable we may use other forms of payment such as PayPal or check.
It takes 2-5 business days after the delivery of your board to us for it to be processed and the refund issued.
In order to receive the full advertised credit the returned dud must meet all of the following conditions:
1) It must be sent back within 14 calendar days of the delivery of the module you purchased from us, both per carriers' records. Make sure you keep your tracking number, you may need it!
2) The board must arrive in good physical condition allowing subsequent electrical repair and reuse of the board. Sometimes when components fail and burn they also leave burn marks on the board. Most of the time such traces are not affecting the ability to restore the board's functionality, but in some extreme cases this may be a problem.
3) The board must not have missing or replaced components or have otherwise been tampered with.
Exceptions vary from all 3 listed conditions, but we reserve the right to be the judge on whether your board qualifies for an exception.
If a board arrives that does not meet the above conditions and we do not consider it appropriate for extension we will contact you and offer you to get it back for the sole cost of the return shipping and/or offer you a trade-in price we consider reflecting its condition.
The returned module must arrive in good physical condition and without previous traces of repairs or tampering in order to qualify for the full advertised credit.
Modules that do not meet those criteria will be subjected to partial refund or no refund at all (depending on their condition and trade-in value).